Advocate For A Clear Plan For The Future
- Consult with employees and the community in the development of a clear plan.
- Include a youth consultation component with focus on attraction and retention.
- Communicate this clearly including measurable targets.
- Provide an annual report on progress.
Infrastructure, Operations and Taxation
- Initiate, with the support of employees, an Operations Improvement Committee, looking for immediate improvements as well as longer-term opportunities.
- Develop a taxation forecast and alternate revenue plan.
- Reduce red tape for standard forms, bills, building approvals.
- Represent the region to all levels of government.
Growth, Revenue Generation, Diversification
- Promote the development of Thunder Bay as a bedroom and service community for resource development.
- Identify potential supporting industries.
Social and Environmental Action Plan and Responsibility
- Promote diversity within the city administration, employment and committees.
- Develop an environmental and socio-economic charter(s) that outline the principles in which the city operates.
- Develop a community safety and reducing crime strategy with the local enforcement agencies.